From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
William Robb
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 7:33 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Macro Lenses

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Walters"

>I guess it depends on how close Walt wants to get.  A lot of what I do
>is
>"close" rather than "true macro" and I find the extra distance with the

>90mm Tamron on the *ist DS is more workable than with my 50mm Macro
>Takumar.  I often use flash and find that I can't get the light where I

>want it with the 50.

I have macro lenses of 50mm, 100mm and 200mm. I had thought that the 50
would get more use with the smaller format, but in fact, I haven't used
it
yet on the digital. I am finding the A100/2.8 to be a gorgeous macro
lens on
the DSLR, and have chosen it or the FA200/4 macro every time over the
50mm. Frankly, if you want a 50mm macro, get a 50/1.4 and a set of
extension
tubes, it will probably serve you better as general purpose equipemnt
than a
slow 50mm macro lens.

William Robb