From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Bruce Dayton
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:21 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: The DA 50~200

Unfortunately, I see nothing on the roadmap that quite fills what I am
looking for.

The 50-135/2.8 is faster and constant, but doesn't have
the reach.  It is a lens that I will probably get and be quite useful
for wedding stuff, however.

The 60-250/4 is a possible one - I really need to see the size/weight to
decide on that one.  Again, just a little more reach perhaps - I
currently have the Sigma 100-300/4 EX and use it quite a bit for sports
stuff, but it is larger than I would want to carry around.  It sits on a
monopod.  I suspect the Pentax could be similar size.

So I am looking for something between these two.  More like a 70-200 ish
constant F4 - that would have a little more reach than the 50-135 and
not be as bulky and heavy as the 60-250.

I think for people who are not going to use the lens too much, the DA
50-200 that is available now is probably just fine.  Then you can live
with the speed/build compromise.

--
Best regards,
Bruce