From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Godfrey DiGiorgi
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:38 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Macro Lenses

The format is irrelevant to magnification. I was giving an example. If
you understood what I said, you'd understand that it was the same
thing ... said another way:

- The size of the DSLR format is 16x24. If the magnification is 1:1,
the size of the subject and the size of the format will be the same. So
at 1:1 magnification, a Pentax DSLR will image a 16x24mm subject
area.

- The size of the 35mm format is 24x36. If the magnification is 1:1,
the size of the subject and the size of the format will be the same. So
at 1:1 magnification, a Pentax 35mm SLR will image a 24x36mm
subject area.

etc

The key thing is that the number of pixels or the density of the film
is irrelevant to magnification, which is what the example was
attempting to show.