I tried getting a roll of film developed straight to a CD for the first time
yesterday.  I forget the brand name, but it wasn't a Kodak PhotoCD.  The
files on the CD were .jpg images, approximately 1480x1035, 24-bit color.  I
was a bit disappointed because that resolution doesn't allow for much
zooming and cropping before you run into blatant pixellation.  Is this the
same for all photo CDs, or could I do better going with another lab?

   -Rich