John Sessoms wrote:

>>From:
>>ann sanfedele
>>I guess this must be a guy thing - I don't understand what is
>>happening here and don't get the joke.
>>

>Isle of Mann is a MAJOR annual motorcycle racing event, sort of like the
>Daytona 500 is to NASCAR. In fact, I think the Isle of Mann races are
>like speed week at Daytona, which has motorcycle & sports car racing in
>addition to the big NASCAR race.

Daytona?  Nascar?  -- No I'm kidding I have _heard_  of those.

>The rider is in full competition kit, on a child's toy bike ... probably
>one of the racers goofing off between races.
>
>Compare the rider's outfit and choice of mounts to these:
>
>http://www.starmotorcycle.com/images/instructors/craigIOMmono.jpg
>- 1998 Isle of Mann

I have to say I don't see too much of a difference there, and I'm only
partly kidding...

>http://www.starmotorcycle.com/images/instructors/craigdaytonabarnes.jpg
> - 1998 Daytona

thanks for explaining it...  It was clear it was a big guy on a little
tiny something but since
extreme ironing is a sport these days, was curious if this were some
sort of actual competition.

Now HORSE racing at least I understand - and the photographing of such
competition...
cause the horses are beautiful and you can see the riders.

sort of a cliche I guess, gals and horses, men and machines

ann