From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mike Hamilton
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 8:30 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Metering Takumar lenses

I really don't want to stir up any huge debates here; I would simply
like some help in getting this right.

I recently came into possession of two Takumar lenses.  Both are f/4 at
maximum aperture.  I'm really having a hard time with metering; both
seem to meter only at f/4, even if I stop down the lens.

I'll describe what I am doing:

1.  Lens (takumar 50mm f/4 macro) is set so that the red "MAN" is
showing (that's manual mode, right?) 2.  Camera has had the option for
aperture ring use turned on. 3.  Mode switch is in Manual. 4.  Camera
mounted on tripod. 5.  Location is indoors with constant lighting.

Now here are my results:
(f/4): 1/10 sec
(f/8): 1/5 sec
(f/16): 1/5 sec
(f/22): 1/5 sec

What's happening here?

I tried a similar test with the Takumar 200mm f/4 and the meter reading
would not change even when i moved the aperture from 4 to 22.

Assistance is much appreciated.

--

Cheers,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]