I have to agree with Godders. I used ColorSynch for quite a while,
but after reading Godfrey's post about color managed workflow, I
switched to that method. It does provide better results, particularly
when printing BW. The Epson paper profiles are very refined. I had
some problems getting started, but if I had read the relevant parts
of the Epson manual, it would have been much easier.
Paul