----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stenquist"
Subject: Re: Battery life on K10D, counter reset ?

>I never erase a card before putting it in the camera. I always just
> reformat the full card in camera.

That has been my habit as well. I expect the filename conflict happenned
when the grip battery went south and the camera switched over to the in-body
battery. I wouldn't have noticed except that I tried to dump three cards
into one directory on my computer later, and got a filename conflict at that
time.
Scary, if it is possible for this to happen, is it also possible that the
camera might overwrite it's own files while shooting? Or would it start a
new directory on the card?

William Robb