Hi Bob ...

The LX frame spacing problem has been discussed here in the past,
although it hasn't come up for quite some time.  The first two that I
had, which were older models, had irregular spacing to the point where
some frames were so close together that there was no discernible space
between them.  Some people complained of overlapping frames.  My
earliest LX, which I still have, went back to Pentax twice for the
problem, and the situation is much better.  However, the spacing
between frames is still not as accurate as the frame spacing of the
Leicas, and it's clear that there are some slight differences between
frames.

It's quite possible that many people don't notice this if they shoot
slides which they then have mounted, or if a lab processes their film
and makes prints.  As one who processes and prints my own film, I'm
very much aware of any variations, however subtle.  I'd suggest every
LX user, especially those with older cameras, take a careful look at
the frame spacing, and if it's off by any degree, have it repaired
while pentax still has parts available.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]