I was told at my pre meeting, that Ontario law provided me with 8
weeks in lou of notice, then up to 26 weeks depending on position and
years of service.My manager asked if i would work the 8 weeks, on a
relatively quiet survey, then he said he would add those 8 weeks to
the deal.

After that, and this is strictly up to the company but my firm does
this, they add what they call, Lawyer money.

They will add a specific number of additional weeks, again depending
on service years and position.In my case another 18.
If i decide i want more, and they dont think its a good deal, then the
lawyers get involved and we all know who makes the money when that
happens. Besides, its not uncommon for people to return to the company
a year or so later when things turn around, so i don't want to burn
any bridges.
 Its not quite what i heard from our payroll people, but its close
enough. I'm going to ask if they'll cover benefits until Sept when i
turn 55. I doubt it, but if you don't ask.......

I also have shares in the firm, so they will have to buy those back,
and i have about 6-7 weeks vacation banked, so i;l get that to.

Then its taxed.

I have a few leads i can send resumes out to, surveyors that only work
a few days a week, so i can atleast generate a bit of income.

But i really am looking out side that, for a full change, school bus
driver, maybe, crossing guard, who nows, Wlmart gretter.D'oh.:-)

Dave

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Dave

On 4/5/07, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I received 40 weeks severance from BBDO after working there for ten
> years. (I did have to threaten them with a lawyer.) I got six weeks
> severance from my last employer. I worked there 18 months as a
> contractor and one year as a staff employee. It's not all that bad
> this side of the river.
> Paul
> On Apr 5, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Adam Maas wrote:
>
> > William Robb wrote:

Equine Photography
www.caughtinmotion.com
http://brooksinthecountry.blogspot.com/