Since I agreed with Tom regarding cutting off trees in photos  I have to say
that I prefer this one by far Marnie.
Greetings
Markus

But maybe you'll like this  better:

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/yellowtree.htm

Very  quick edit in response to your post, I might play with a bit more if I

was  posting it as the original PESO. Maybe lighten it a tad and tone down
the
 highlights in the left corner. Although I did lighten up the pine boles.
And
I  had about four shots this way, and maybe I didn't pick out the best one.
But...

I like the other better.

HTH, Marnie aka Doe  :-)

==============
I definitely like the colors and of course the  subject.  Having taken many
tree shots I'll give you a dose of my own  self-criticism.  Don't take it
personally as a severe critique. OK.  :-)

I always have a problem with trees that are cutoff at both ends, top  and
bottom.  For some reason, to my eye, aesthetically one should  always be
able
to see the tops or the bottoms of the trees, unless it is a  total abstract
shot or an extreme closeup.

My feeling about this is  about the same as if you showed me a people shot
with their heads and feet  out of the frame.

I always strive to somehow have at least a total tree  in my shots and if I
can't, I'll generally opt for showing the entire trunk  and losing part of
the top as opposed to showing the top(s) with cutoff  trunks.

It may just be my own personal aesthetics, but I've gradually  come to these

conclusions.

Tom C.