I recently made a payment for an eBay auction with my Personal Paypal
Account using my linked credit card and now my bank reports an
additional fee of AUD$1 to Paypal with the same eBay reference number.
However this additional fee is not recorded in my Paypal transaction
history.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've had a Paypal account now for
quite a few years and my status is reported as "Status: Australian -
Verified (6)". Following is the Paypal response to my query on the
matter:

"Hello my name is Andrew, I will be happy to assist you with your
question regarding the $1.00 charge to your debit card.

The $1 transaction is a preauthorization or a temporary hold for
verification purposes. Once the full amount of the purchase is
processed, it will show up in your account history, as a 'completed'
transaction and the $1 preauthorization hold will be released.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again."

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA

[EMAIL PROTECTED]