I think JCO is correct. Fringing doesn't seem to be related to CA. It
has more to do with the way digital sensors deal with high contrast.
However, some lenses seem to be more prone to it than others. In
regard to what Mark Cassino said in an earlier post, my A4005.6 and
A2X-S combination, which has to be shot wide open most of the time,
produces purple fringing with both the K10D and the *istD in equal
amounts. I just deal with it.
Paul
On Apr 14, 2007, at 12:59 PM, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> I know what an APO lens is. If the problem,
> which is FRINGING, not CA, is not caused by CA,
> then getting an APO lens to minimize or
> eliminate CA, isnt going help the FRINGING
> problem at all.
> jco

[EMAIL PROTECTED]