----------
>From: Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Pushing and Pulling film
>Date: Sat, Oct 20, 2001, 12:08 PM
>

>> Push processing C-41 film does not work at all. Anyone who says
>> otherwise is fooling themselves. The C-41 process is a develop
>> to completion process, and any additional development merely
>> adds to the base density.
>> And yes, I have proven this.

Then prove why I can get good photos shooting football in poorly lit
stadiums by setting my camera's meter to 1600 using Ilford HP5+ and using
the recommended develop time, and why I cannot get good photos setting the
meter to the film's nominal rating of 400 then developing for that time? I
believe that film is more complex than simply saying it is 400 and that is
it, period. A film's ISO rating is based upon a pre-determined, albeit
optimum, developing time. Why can you not change the film's rating via
changing the developing time? Understanding that you are going beyond the
optimum develop time.

Nick