Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af Godfrey
DiGiorgi
Sendt: 9. april 2007 20:10
Til: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Emne: Re: *istD lens compatibility

On Apr 9, 2007, at 10:16 AM, frank theriault wrote:

> I decided to e-mail the camera's initial owner to see if he downloaded
> the firmware upgrades, but thanks to you, Godfrey, I've now checked
> myself, and it says "ver 1.0" which I assume means it's never been
> upgraded.

Glad to help. That's correct: you're on the original firmware. The
green button 'semi-automatic stop down metering' for pre-A series
lenses was an add-on to the original *ist D, I think it surfaced in
firmware v1.02 or something like that. So you definitely need to get
the fw update installed to get more functionality out of those lenses.

You can use them in Av mode now, however. Just be aware that they
will only be wide open ... the Av mode will assume they don't have an
iris diaphragm and will base exposure metering on the light
transmitted through them wide open.

> I don't use Lightroom, but I'm intrigued.  Where might I find that?

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is downloadable for a 30 day free trial from:
   http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

Of course, you need a computer for that too... If you're running a
Windows system, be sure that you have a Pentium IV or V or later, 1 G
RAM and a good bit of hard disk space. Lightroom is a fairly
intensive image processing program and needs pretty up to date
hardware to work respectably.

Godfrey

05:32