On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Perhaps I wasn't clear in the way I presented thoughts.  You know I
> shoot a lot of film, and may often shoot a roll or two on just one
> subject.  What I meant is that shooting a lot of film, quickly and
> without much thought, will not necessarily result in better pictures,
> just more pictures.  A more contemplative approach, regardless of how
> much film is run through the camera, may well lead to higher quality
> pictures from the POV of framing, content, and subject matter.

When I mentioned how much more film I was able to shoot with the MX I
was talking about how confortable I feel with that camera. I certainly
do a lot of editing in camera, sometimes more then I should I think.

I don't think it is about taking a lot of pictures without
thinking. It's just that the more confortable I am with a camera, the
less I have to think about it, and the more pictures I shoot.

FWIW, the ratio of good pictures was about the same, although the
focus was better on the set taken with the Pentax. (I say
"good" pictures, yet probably there wasn't any real keeper in all the
pictures I took that day)