Yes, thats what i am doing,with the image editor, but, i was just
curious why after the repair, and redoing the custom WB I'm not
getting the same results.

I did some back yard experiments after lunch, and for WB i now have 3
settings  Grass/Filter, Grass/No filter and white board no filter.

1 and 3 are  giving me close to last year, but the magenta cast is
much stronger.

Wonder if its the time of year, or sensitivity of the sun at this time of year.

I have a month to get working results, i have something in mind for GFM

Dave

On 4/29/07, Digital Image Studio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 29/04/07, David J Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The grass was suggested from an IR website, and several others. It
> > seemed to work, but i'll try the white card.
> >
> > Oh the Hoya R72
>
> Sorry Dave I missed the IR reference. In this case I have no idea what
> would be the best way to WB. I would tend to expect that converting
> the image to B&W in an image editor using colour selective
> desaturation techniques would yield the most acceptable and
> controllable results.
>
> --
> Rob Studdert
> HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
> Tel +61-2-9554-4110 UTC(GMT) +10 Hours
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://picasaweb.google.com/distudio/PESO
> http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio//publications/
> Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998

Equine Photography
www.caughtinmotion.com
http://brooksinthecountry.blogspot.com/
Ontario Canada