> I sort of agree,  frank. But here it is without  pole.
>
> http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/images/flyby2.jpg
<snip>

Well, it's "prettier" without the pole, but to my mind (and hell, this
isn't ~my~ series, so what I think about it means jack) this stuff
ain't about pretty.  It's about man's intrusion on nature, or at least
man's intrusion on the hills of that part of California.

To me, the pole and telephone wires are an essential part of that
story, and thus should be there, aesthetics-be-damned.

The other thing that I'd consider is that this series, while it
certainly is "art" (don't get me started on art!), is also like a type
of reportage.  Were it me (which it isn't) I wouldn't consider cloning
or otherwise manipulating the images in any way.  These are about
reality, not aesthetics.

That would be my view, anyway...

cheers,
frank