Hi Subash

Thanks for that - I'm not in a hurry so I'd appreciate any futher details when
you have the time.

Ubuntu picked up most of my peripherals automatically but not the reader.

I thought about editing fstab but I'm a bit unsure of the correct syntax for
the reader.

I have done a bit of Googling but there seems to be conflicting (and sometimes
incomprehensible) advice.  Some readers get recognised on boot up but some
don't.  I'm not adverse to the command line or editing config files but I think
some of the advice is written in Klingon....

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia