frank theriault wrote:

>On 5/4/07, David Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>On May 4, 2007, at 3:09 AM, frank theriault wrote:
>>

>>>http://gmapuploader.com/iframe.php?mapId=PXPVwvf04K
>>>
>>>Now ~that's~ a freaking bike...
>>>

>>Excuse me, I need to change my trousers.  That bike is pornography.
>>What ratio are you running on it?
>>

>49 tooth chainring, 17 tooth cog.  That puts it in the mid-70's
>gear-inches, which is a medium gear for a road bike.  If you get a
>nice spin going, you can cruise at about 40km/h, if you go nuts you
>can do 50 km/h (my few tries at a 200 metre flying sprint I was in the
>high 13's, which worked out to about 50 km/h), yet it's a small enough
>gear to climb pretty much hill that downtown Toronto can throw at me.

You're obviously in better shape than I, I'm running 44x16 right now,
but I also have delusions of one day climbing the Bathurst St hill at
Davenport on the way home.

>>Now, enough of these pansy road bikes.
>>http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/temp/enduro.jpg
>>

>Peh!  Gears.  Brakes.  Knobbie tires...
>

>>I just got her back from a servicing and I plan to ride her
>>extensively during the weekend (no Mark!ing this sentence out of
>>context!).
>>

>Well, I've never done any off-roading.  When I see a bike like that, I
>tell myself that I really should give it a try sometime.  Looks like
>fun!!
>
>Seriously, lovely (if industrial looking) bike!
>
>cheers,
>frank

Offroading can be a lot of fun, although I suspect cross might be more
your style than a freeride bike like that (designed more for the North
Shore in BC than what we get here in TO)

-Adam