Maris V. Lidaka Sr. wrote:

>My Pentax K10D has arrived - photos today, or maybe tomorrow.
>
>PEF or DNG - which do you use, and why?  (or why not?)

I started out with DNG because Camera Raw couldn't work with K10D PEFs
at the time. I've stayed with DNG mostly out of habit.

I archive everything I shoot as compressed DNG so I have to convert my
in-camera uncompressed DNGs to compressed ones, but I'd have to convert
if I shot PEF, so it's "six of one, half a dozen of the other" in that
regard. Given the low cost of memory cards these days, the file size
difference doesn't bother me. Godfrey has suggested that the camera
saves files to the card slightly more quickly in (uncompressed) DNG
format. I haven't compared myself but it sounds reasonable.

I'll be sticking to DNG for the foreseeable future.