-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Matamoros, Cesar A.
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 3:09 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Pentax Digital NEWS! Part one

        The 'magnification' factor is one of the reasons I have not truly
looked at a digital SLR.  I have started to enjoy wide angle shooting and
would not relish having to get a 17mm to get a 25mm.  And I have heard of
the problems with distortion with the 17mms.  People have corrected this
with photo s/w but again something I do not relish doing.

        Another aspect of the 'magnification' factor is that with only the
central part of the lens being used people have been finding they have to
really watch the shutter speed as any motion is more noticeable since the
image is enlarged more to get the same size image as with a non-digital SLR.
Though people point out that you are using the 'sweet spot' of lenses if you
are not using toward the edges.

        By the end of next month I should have the possibility to begin
spending some time with a Nikon D1x and D1H here at work.  I am still
looking at Pentax since most of my lenses are in that system and I love the
glass I have.

                        César Matamoros II
                        Panama City, Florida

the system manager.