        Juan,

                I just compared the viewfinder of the D1X with the one of an
F3HP.  The D1X makes you feel like you are looking into a tunnel.  The
viewfinder appears about 2/3 the size of the F3 if not smaller.

                Switching around the different cameras that I do I guess I
would not notice as much.  Though now that I look at the D1X it is as if you
had the panorama switch set on a camera ;-)

                                César Matamoros II
                                Panama City, Florida