Actually "Reefer Madness" was a response to the understanding that you
couldn't control a weed, that grew everywhere, especially with the
available budget, (almost nothing).  So propaganda was used instead of
enforcement.

--
Entropy Seminar: The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekend lw uf
thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.