On 09/05/07, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For the moment, I've standardized on Manfrotto heads with the RC2
> quick release system. Both my tripods and monopod are fitted with
> them, both camera bodies too.

Me too, I find them perfectly adequate for all my current camera
systems, I still have a legacy hex plate 3 way head but I've made a
little adaptor which clips in the to provide an RC2 QR socket. The
biggest problem with Manfrotto gear is that they really only provide
generic solutions rather than camera specific customized solutions,
the L brackets in particular are a problem.

I find the RC2 QR very quick to use particularly in poor/no light, the
dovetail systems you either like or hate.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA