In a message dated 5/9/2007 8:28:53 P.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
This thought may have been offered  as I've only looked at a few of
these posts. It may be that Pentax is taking  the same route as many
have and that's selling certain assets to generate  cash in order to
control more of their stock, thereby hoping to fend off a  hostile buy
out, in this case, by  Hoya.(??)

Jack

==========
Well, that's possible. But, if so,  it's a real desperation move. It would
mean they are seriously pressed and this  may not come out the way people would
like. I think it much more likely they are  decreasing debit to be more
profitable. There are to ways to affect the bottom  line:  1. sell more  2.
decrease
debit.

I would like to think  they are that rather than being so desperate to buy
more stock and the only  raise the money to buy more stock is by selling HQ. On
the decreasing debit  side, selling HQ would imply laying off a serious amount
of middle management  and other things along those lines. But I don't quite
understand the rules of  the merger with Hoya, evidentially they can't seek out
outside investment during  that time period. So I suppose it is possible. But
that type of move would not  appeal to current investors. Decreasing debit
would.

It might make  current investors, in fact, abandon ship. Which would not be a
good  thing.

Marnie

Warning:  I am now filtering my email, so you may be censored.