The 21/3.2 is a sufficient equivalent on a K10D or K100D unless you are
shooting action or need the DoF of an f2 lens. Digital provides much
better high ISO performance than film, particularly at ISO 1600 and SR
gets you that stop back(or more).

I also find I can handhold any digital about 1 stop slower than I can
with a film SLR, at least for lenses of 100mm and shorter.

And there is a Sigma 20/1.8. It's a dog on full-frame, but is supposedly
not bad (if massive) on cropped body digitals.

-Adam
Who will note that a 28/2 on a FF digital would be better than a 21/3.2
on DX format, but either does better than a 28/2 on film unless one
needs the asthetic of fast B&W film.