On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Skofteland, Christian wrote:

> Actually, I don't think I was misreading you at all.  I use an LX as a
> primary camera and wanted an all mechanical (battery only needed for
> meter) second body.  But DOF preview is important to me as is
> interchangeable focusing screens.  If there is a K body that fits
> these requirements I'd like to know.  I thought the MX was the only
> camera that fit the bill.  I know the KX and KM have some features but
> do they accept motors/winders?

Sorry, I read your response as a defense of the MX in general, and I agree
that it's a nicely-spec'ed camera that doesn't need defending in that
way; my point was only about its durability.  The KM and the KX both have
DOF preview, and each of them had a version that took a motor drive (KM
MOT and K2DMD).  However, with the motor drive they're large, expensive
and hard to find... though the Motor Drive MX is *extremely* rare.  I'm
not sure if the KM and KX have interchangeable focusing screens or not.

chris