My tests show that the K10D's write performance continues to improve
with every faster card I've tested in it. Right now that means the
Sandisk Extreme III (nominally 133x) are fastest, followed by the
Transcend 150x, followed by the Sandisk Ultra II (nominally 60x) etc.
The Extreme IIi are the fastest cards currently available.

So the fastest cards available are the best cards to use.

Download speed is gated by both card speed and the speed of the
reader device. The fastest reader I've found to date is the Sandisk
Extreme III reader ... it transfers a full 2G of data from Transcend
150x or Sandisk Extreme IIi cards to my Power Mac G5 in less than two
and a half minutes.

It sounds like your storage tank has a pretty slow reader in it. The
Epson P2000 takes about 5-6 minutes to transfer a full 2G card's data.

Godfrey