On May 16, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Steve Bullock wrote:

>> Have you measured what the transfer speed is? I'd be curious.
>
> I've done a quick(?) test:-
>
> Full Transcend 2G 150x in P2000 SD socket:  10m 13s.
> Same in CF adapter:                         13m 35s.
> 4G Class 4 SDHC with same 2G of data:       13m 35s.

Sounds about in line with my testing. A drop from its built in slot
(about [EMAIL PROTECTED]) to just over [EMAIL PROTECTED] seems right.

> I use the P2000 when traveling. I often have friends in tow who
> want to see
> a slide show. JPGs are more handy for that. JPGs and PEFs just lead
> to a
> double set of thumbnails on the Epson.

Makes sense.

>> I convert to DNG when transferring from the card or P2000 to my image
>> processing computer. Takes a little more time then. ;-)
>>
> I'm still using CS1 so I need the DNGs.  I guess I'm willing to
> lose some
> space for the perceived extra convenience.

You can run the RAW/DNG files out of the K10D through Adobe DNG
Converter. That will apply the lossless compression if you want to
save a little disk space.

Godfrey