> From: "Sandy Harris"

> > I'm stuck working on a Saturday. Have to finish an ad campaign. And
> I need myths.
> > The kind of stuff that predates urban legends. For example, "frogs
> can cause warts"
> > or "the moon is made of green cheese." Are there others? Perhaps
> some that arent't
> > as silly. The best minds in the world are on the PDML (Sucking
> Up:-), perhaps
> > someone can help.
>
> Walking under a ladder, stepping on a crack, ...

Walking under a ladder isn't myth or superstition. It's just plain
unsafe. It got that reputation back in the middle ages during the
construction of the great cathedrals ... for the same reason it's unsafe
today.

Walk under a ladder, and you might disturb the guy up on the ladder. He
might fall off or he might drop something on you. And if he happens to
be a hod carrier for stone masons, what he drops ain't gonna do you much
good, even if you're wearing a hard hat, which they didn't back in those
days.