>From: "P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>There are millions of M42 mount lenses as well, and I don't see anyone
>making a Body to use them either.  You're  just being silly.

That's what I think too.  If Pentax, Hoya-Pentax, or whoever, were to
discontinue K-mount bodies because there is not enough profit in it, why on
earth would any other company want to risk the money?  Why not just change
brands and have the benefit of continually advancing technology by leaders
in the industry?  If using the lenses matters that much, get an adapter and
use it manually, or modify it as other have.

Personally I don't think Pentax is going down the drain in the immediate
future (6 months - 1 year).  On the other hand, I have no idea how long of a
future they have.  Hoya may take the camera division under their wing, and
then if they're not successful enough, spin them off or sell them.  There's
an infinite number of scenarios that could occur.

Tom C.