So I've been eyeballing the limited lenses.... The real, fast ones not
the slow crappy new generation ones.

It occurs to me that there is something seriously wrong because a
month ago I would never even consider any of them, but it seems that
now i have no qualms about spending the equivalent of a brand new k10d
on a single god damned lens.

And this is not even for any realistic gain in lens performance or
image quality. A month ago, I went with the k100d instead of the k10d
because the extras in the k10d were not, to me, worth the extra 400
bucks. And they still aren't but I'm mentally prepared to pull the
trigger on ultrapremium glass.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Am I trying to fill a very distinct void in my life with nice toys
instead of dealing with the deeper issues?