The key word is majority, but for this type of move it would be the
majority of the board not the shareholders.  Its not always the same
thing, at least not here.  The board does not have to take this type
of move to a general vote, maybe its different in Japan.  The hostile
company can however, request a special vote to dump the board, which
has happened in the past.