> In a message dated 5/22/2007 11:04:57 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I dont know why Pentax  does not just take a poison pill if it does not
> want to be acquired by  Hoya.  I.e. take on alot of debt and buy back
> tons of its stock.   Isnt that what american companies do with some
> hostile takeovers?  Maybe  its not an option in Japan?
>
> rg
>
> =========
> Sparx. Come on, Pentax  really doesn't want their stock to plummet. News
> stories have been saying that  Japanese investment groups/companies (whatever
> they
> are called) are becoming  rather aggressive now in determing the course of
> the company they are invested  in. Not just with Pentax.

If Sparx owns a majority or close to a majority of the shares, you are
right, it wont happen.  More likely is what P.A. said: this kind of
uncivilized behavior does not happen in Japan.  If Sparx does not own
a majority and it was a US company, this could happen, and the stock
price might actually go up.