From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Shel Belinkoff
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 11:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: LX on eBay -- worth buying?

David ...

The question is for what purpose would you use the LX?  Will it serve
you well? Have you ever held and shot with an LX?  If not, before
spending $$$ on as ~AS-IS~ camera, which happens to be an early model,
you might want to think about getting your hands on one.

The LX will add nothing to your photography except a unique metering
system which has value in limited circumstances, and some nice (and
useful finders, depending on what you shoot) and screens.  It will,
however, add immeasurably to your enjoyment of photography ~IF~ you
appreciate its feel, build quality, and manual focus cameras and lenses.

I'd suggest you find an LX and use it for a while, and then, if you like
it, buy a newer model, with a serial number above 535****.  It won't
cost you that much more having all the latest LX features would be a
bonus.

There are many questions that you should ask about any used LX that
you're considering.  I'd be happy to send you a list if you'd like.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]