From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of David P. Chernicoff
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 12:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: LX on eBay -- worth buying?

The LX listed on ebay is mine. I've decided to get rid of all of my manual
focus bodies (just keeping a PZ1 and PZ1p) because I've discovered what
looks in focus to me often isn't (function of aging and already bad
vision). I don't have the problem with focus when I wear contact lenses,
just when I wear glasses (which is 95% of the time). I may end up selling
those bodies too and just go with an MZ-S and my digital stuff.

That being said, I will be putting a complete LX kit (body, multiple MF
lenses, AF280 flash, winder, and other LX specific accessories) up for
auction this weekend. The LX body in that auction was given a thorough
rebuild (not just a CLA) by Pentax USA to the most recent set of LX
standards (which was pretty expensive) in February of 2001.

I don't want to discourage you from bidding on this auction, and the price
for the package I list this weekend will be pretty steep (if it doesn't go
as a package I will part it out). But I just wanted to keep a fellow PDMLer
in the loop.

David<