On Jun 1, 2007, at 9:30 PM, Boris Liberman wrote:

> What if in the (near) future your K10D breaks down (G-d forbid) and
> you
> have no place to exercise your warranty?

I've already made 4500+ exposures with it. I have a second Pentax DS
body that has done 28,000 and shows no signs of giving up. If one or
the other dies, I keep working as long as the equipment works, then I
sell the lenses.

> What if in so many years your K10D expires and you won't have a
> replacement K-mount camera available on the market?

I figure that by the time three years goes by if I haven't extracted
enough of the cameras' value from use, then I'm not working hard
enough. Either way my financial plan amortizes the value of ALL
equipment in three years, after that it's free.

So if I get to a point where all the bodies die and the lenses are
still going, I sell the lenses and move on.

> Having said that, let me mention explicitly that no, sky is not
> falling,
> and yes, I love my Pentax gear.

I don't think it is either. But I'm ready for any eventuality.