In a message dated 6/7/2007 2:27:59 P.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Oh, please don't throw some "Switch  to Mac/Linux/abacus" balloney at me.
Aside
from the fact that I can't  afford anything new, I actually like Windows and
don't think the OS is the  issue here.

Thanks,
John

No idea, of course,  what the problem is, but once I once plugged up an old
scanner and installed the  software and Windows would not boot. Make sure you
have not added a peripheral  lately. Sometimes starting up in safe mode can fix
it. Then you can go in and  restore an early restore point.

If it is the HD it should not show it  loading in your Dos bootup. Actually,
without the HD the boot up doesn't go very  far.

Marnie

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.