I've finally gotten thru the October PUG and have the following comments.
This one was exceptionally good.

" Air & Water - Durham " by  David Dixon, UK
It seems all-sky shots don't garner much attention (as my Red Sky at Dawn)
but I like them nevertheless.  They contain lots of variation in light and
nice textures.  Good shot with an ethereal feeling.

" Coming... " by  Edward Kreis, Latvia
Great shot with a lovely balance too it, and certainly a sense of
foreboding.  I want to say more but can't think of the words.  I think the
perspective of the lamps leading one off to the horizon is great.

" Sun and Fog, Big Sur " by  Dick Jones, USA
Nice composition.  I wish there was a little more detail in the foreground
cliff, but I'm sure it was difficult lighting.  Impressive.

" Diamond " by  Steve Larson, USA
That's beautiful Steve.  Wins the "Abstraction Award" for the month.

" Hell's Engine " by  Paul Stenquist, USA
I don't know what you did to accomplish this, but I love it.  I can see that
there's an engine and the flames.  What are the white globes?

" Dune du Pilat " by  Jaume Lahuerta, Spain
Jaume, what a beautiful shot and composition.  It's hard to find the words.

" Manchac Pushboat " by  Kevin Thornsberry, USA
Great sky, nice silhouette.  Quite beautiful.

" Water Power " by  John Coyle, Australia
Yep - this image conveys RAW POWER.  Good job.

" Ions... " by  Michel Adam, Canada
It's amazing.  Good use of the wide-angle.  Cool, cool, cool.  Chances for
aurora tonight, but it's started clouding up here.

" Volcano " by  Mark Dalal, USA
OK Mark.  I haven't been paying much attention to the other comments.  I
like it.  What the heck is it?  I've got some guesses but don't want to look
stupider than normal.  Nice effect on your signature., BTW.

" Water Colours " by  Hans-Bernhard Beykirch, Germany
Very nice abstract.

" Something Fishy " by  Leon Altoff, Australia
Quite comical and interesting.  It reminds me of the aquarium in Clearwater,
Florida where the stingrays cruise by the edge of the tank and raise a
fintip out of the water and wave at you to get your attention or be petted.

" White Sands After Rain " by  Ann Sanfedele, USA
I like it Ann.  It has a serene quality about it.  I also like that it's not
what it appears to be.  Good catch.

" Delaware Water Gap Fall Foliage Reflections " by  Richard Seaman, New
Zealand/USA
My favorite of the month.  It took my breath away when I first saw it, and
still does!  Excellent.