Actually, I think they've stopped making them now, but they did so only
a couple of years ago. Or at least, I seem to remember seeing something
on TV about the "last batch of Beetles rolling out from the factory" in
a not too distant past...

- Toralf

I haven't really kept up, but in the late 80"s I full restored a 73 Beetle,
not the super version. It was a fun car and I really enjoyed it until I
traded it for a 73 VW Camper Van. I brought it with me to FL but the
registration fees were so stiff on cars brought into the state then that I
sold it before I had to register/title. I still wish I had that camper!!

Walt