Hey folks,

I*m thinking of buying a K10D.  (I have a DS now.)  I have eagerly
read many PDML threads on this transition, including the now famous *I
regret upgrading* or whatever it was called and the new *Canon is
better than Pentax" .  I still have  a few questions:

1. What was (were) the one (or two) feature(s) of the K10D that made
the whole upgrade worthwhile?

2. I*m not planning on buying the grip since the camera is already
pretty big.  I do like the small size of the DS, but have used bigger
cameras (like the 645 and the MZ-S with a grip) so the size thing is not
a deal breaker.  Any comments on not using the grip?

3.  I notice there*s a third party battery offered by B&H.  Is it any
good?  It*s certainly a lot cheaper.

4. Is the 18-55 f3.5-whatever lens any good?  In some kits it*s
almost free.

5.  Any other "you gotta buy this too" advice?

Thanks.  Think of this as another excuse to open old wounds <vbg>

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450