Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af Axel
Belinfante
Sendt: 5. juni 2007 21:07
Til: pdml@pdml.net
Emne: K10d FA*80-200 f/2.8 consistent overexposure unless fully open?

I just subscribed to the list, essentially to ask the question below.

I recently got myself a K10d.  When I use the kit 18-55 mm
and a FA*28-70 f/2.8 everything seems to work fine.

However, with my FA*80-200 f/2.8 (aperture ring set to A)
I seem to get consistent overexposure (2 stops or so?),
_except_ when using it fully open (at 2.8)  using the
hyper-program shifting or by using Av mode at 2.8.

It almost makes me feel there is something wrong with
the way the camera tries to set aperture on the lens
(which would explain why it works fine at 2.8:
then it doesn't have to do anything so it works).
Would that be a valid explanation?

Setting aperture using the ring on the lens, and
then using lcd-preview gives me correct (not overexposed)
preview shots.

I have not been using the lens so much recently; in the
somewhat longer past I've been using it on a Z1 shooting
slides (last serious usage about a year ago, at the coast)
and I don't recall this kind of consistent overexposure.
I should probably just do some test shots with the Z1
but haven't found the time.

Sending the stuff in to pentax service, or even better,
visiting them, would have been another option except
that the dutch pentax service told me they send these
kind of things to pentax europe in Hamburg
(which doesn't really matter, except that if the dutch
pentax service in Breda would still have existed I would
just have visited them there and explained the issue)
and except for the wrong-time-of-the-year problem
(I've been told that due to holiday season it might
take weeks until I would get it back :-(

Don't know if this is the right forum for these kind of questions;
I have seen there are multiple pentax forums out there, but don't
know how they differ. Any thoughts?

Minor suggestion: inclusion of (pointer to) PDML mini-faq
on the mailing list web page (and/or in list welcome message)
could be useful, if only to be able to appreciate the acronyms.

Thanks,
Axel.

18:43

Checked by AVG Free Edition.