My first SLR was a used Mamiya Sekor 1000 DTL and it served me very well
for more than five years and at least 1000 rolls of film. It's a sturdy
workhorse with a good meter that can be set to either spot of averaging
configuration. the 1000 TL is averaging meter only but is equally tough.
The 500 TL is the same camera but with only a 1/500 maximum shutter
speed (as compared to 1/1000 for the others).
Paul