In a message dated 6/27/2007 2:42:05 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Should I be able to put  a card full of PEF files into my reader, expect
Elements to see images,  import them, and see them in my library?
=========
Yes. But you have to  set it up to do so. I've used 2, 3, and 5. It will be
similar but not necessary  the same as 5. Edit/Preferences/Camera Card
Reader/check Auto Launch Adobe  Downloader upon Device Connect.

It will be something like that. I have  now, since I have Lightroom,
unchecked that and checked something similar in  Lightroom, but it doesn't seem
to be
working.

Anyway, when you stick a  card into whatever card reader you have, Elements
should launch a Get Photos  dialog box. You can also do it manually, Organizer
(don't remember if 3 had an  Organizer, but think so, under File I think, Get
Photos.)

Note that there  are two steps to Get Photos, one step copies it to hard
disk, and one step  copies the photos into Element's "library" of photos (they
are
not actually put  on disk at that point, just imported as pictures into the
library). So sometimes  you have to hit Get Photos twice.

I wish in my query about the  benefits of shooting PEFs or DNgs somebody
would have said something about  this PITA.

Or maybe it's just that I don't understand the  process...

CW

=========
Normally, with Elements, you go to open a  file, try the file browser, and if
it's RAW then the bridge is  launched  when you open the file. It converts
the RAW into a PSD essentially, although the  file name will remain a RAW file
name. It should launch automatically when you  open a RAW photo. And/or from
Organizer, select a photo, and go to full edit at  the top (menu bar) and it
will do the same, launch the bridge. (I hope all this  was similar in 3, think
it
was, but no longer remember that well.)

HTH,  Marnie aka Doe :-)
Warning:  I am now filtering my email, so you may be censored.