I was just taking some shots of my daughter with my A3000.  I hadn't used it
much since I got my MZ-5N and I was struck by how much cooler it sounds than
the newer camera.  There's a definite KA-chunk with the A3000 followed by
the winder.  The winder sounds like it's working a bit to advance the film.
  On the MZ 5N, it's much more sterile.  The mirror/shudder noise is
relatively non-existent and the winder sounds less interesting.  Sounds a
lot more like my Kodak advantix P&S than the sound in my head that
represents expensive(good?) cameras.  (Think early 80's pop song by the J.
Giles Band "Freeze Frame")
  I don't have a lot of experience with SLR cameras.  The two I have are the
only ones I've messed with for any length of time.  I guess I'll have to buy
a bunch of cameras to evaluate the noises they make so I can report to the
list...:)

Cory Waters
Thinking my wife won't buy that particular reasoning and will counter any
enableing that might flow from other list members. :(