Pentax used to and Nikon did for most, but woe betide you if you mounted
the wrong series lens on some cameras.  It kind of depends how "legacy"
you want to get.  m42 lenses give the exactly the same functionality,
(as do medium format lenses), on modern DSLR's that they had on the
first K mount bodies...

--
All dogs have four legs; my cat has four legs. Therefore, my cat is a dog.