Kent Gittings wrote:
> Known variously as irregular surface baffling or random surface
> baffling. Or Quaker Oats baffling if your brand conscience.

Well, my wife remarked that the tube on my 8" Dobsonian scope looks a lot
like a giant oatmeal box.  Maybe the oatmeal baffling would be quite
apropos.  Would probably look cool if the white Sonotube exterior was
repainted with the characteristic Quaker Oats red and blue, featuring a
prominently displayed Quaker portrait as seen on the boxes.  <VBG>

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY