At 10:24 PM -0600 10/27/01, aimcompute wrote:
>That sounds pretty neat Steve.  I was to Maine when I was a kid.  I still
>think it would be a neat place to live because of the isolation.
>
>If you do any astrophotography, I'd like to see it.

I've just started dabbling in it again for the first time in many
years. Back when I last did any amount of astrophotography GAF 500
and GAF 200 were the films of choice! Astrophotography is very
tedious, time consuming and demanding.  But this summer I spent a
couple of evenings doing piggyback photography with my all-mechanical
Miranda and a 35mm lens atop my C5. With a decent polar alignment it
hopefully tracked well enough through the 10-15 minute exposures,
because I did not do any guiding! My films are awaiting processing.

If you look at any of the astronomy magazines you'd see that CCDs are
quickly becoming the imaging tools of choice, even for amateurs. Very
sensitive, no reciprocity failure and digital output make them very
attractive.

--

Steve
[EMAIL PROTECTED]