I picked up my MZ-S in Edmonton at McBain Camera ($100 less than in Toronto,
and no provincial sales tax in Alberta!), and am happy to report that I'm
thrilled with it.  The shop had 6 MZ-Ss in stock, and the salesman felt that
any one you'd buy now would have the updated firmware.  Last week I picked up
the battery grip BG-10, and it really completes the camera.  It locks on in
the most positive way I've ever seen, and makes a really good camera feel even
better.  I was able to put the camera on a lighting stand, send it up near the
ceiling and get a bird's eye view of the room using the infrared Remote
Control E (only $25!).  Cool!

Also, the Metz 40MZ-3 flash (with SCA 3701 module) seems to work just fine
with it.  Something that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that it smells
like a new camera, at least for the first few days.  Seems to be that
rubber-like covering material.  Adds to the new-owner experience, in my
opinion.

I haven't had time to check every single function so far, but the camera seems
to work flawlessly, and feels and sounds very high-quality.  The
data-imprinting feature is interesting and helpful.  I also enjoy the bright
viewfinder, and like that the viewing area is unobstructed, unlike the MZ-5n,
in which the exposure data protrudes on the right side, which is occasionally
annoying.  I could go on (rave on?), but I think you get the idea.  It's a
great camera!

As for Pentax Canada (in Mississauga), my experiences with them have been very
positive.  They're friendly and knowledgeable, and their turnaround time is
very good.  Hope this answers your questions.

Pat White